Please view listed events below and click on event title to register.
2018 Healthy Boundaries Schedule and Registration
If you have not participated in a Healthy Boundaries Training in the past three years, The National Capital Presbytery Sexual Misconduct Prevention policy states:
Church Professionals received by NCP are required within one year of reception to attend a seminar on the issues of sexual misconduct offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT.
Thereafter, every three years all Church Professionals of NCP shall attend a seminar offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT on the issues of sexual misconduct.
All workshops are 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Coffee and tea provided. Please bring your own lunch.Click here for agenda/curriculum for the “healthy boundary training sessions”
- Date #1: 03-06-18
- Date #1 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #1 Location: Northwood Presbyterian Church, 1200 University Blvd., W, Silver Spring, MD 20902, (Makemie Fellowship Hall)
- Date #2: 04-11-18
- Date #2 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #2 Location: National Presbyterian Church, 4101 Nebraska Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20016 (Agencies Bldg., Lower Level)
- Date #3: 05-11-18
- Date #3 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #3 Location: Immanuel Presbyterian Church, 1125 Savile Lane, McLean, VA 22101 (Assembly Hall)
- Date #4: 06-12-18
- Date #4 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #4 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, North Bethesda 20852 (Fellowship Hall)
- Date #5: 07-11-18
- Date #5 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #5 Location: Calvary Presbyterian Church, 61120 N Kings Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303 (Fellowship Hall)
- Date #6: 09-13-18
- Date #6 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #6 Location: Gaithersburg Presbyterian Church, 610 S Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 (Lindsay Room)
- Date #7: 10-09-18
- Date #7 Seats Remaining: 17
- Date #7 Location: Sargent Memorial Presbyterian Church, 5109 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave., NE., Washington, DC 20019 (Room 113)
- Date #8: 11-07-18
- Date #8 Seats Remaining: 12
- Date #8 Location: Providence Presbyterian Church, 9019 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22301 (Taylor Hall)
- Event is Free
An Introduction to Cultivated Ministry with John Vest | 10-17-18
An Introduction to Cultivated Ministry: Bearing Fruit through Theology, Accountability, Learning, and Storytelling with John Vest facilitating.
How do we measure success in ministry when the traditional metrics of membership, attendance, and financial support seem out of touch with the realities of our post-Christendom contexts? Cultivated Ministry is a culture shift and approach to ministry that is committed to rigorous assessment, evaluation, and (re)design aimed at nurturing thoughtful expressions of God’s mission in the world. It does not rest on traditional metrics, nor does it abdicate accountability. This training will give participants an overview of the four interlocking components of Cultivated Ministry: Theology of Bearing Fruit, Mutual Accountability, Assessment for Learning, and Transformative Storytelling.
John Vest is the Visiting Assistant Professor of Evangelism at Union Presbyterian Seminary and served on the task force that developed the Cultivated Ministry resource with NEXT Church.
- 93 Seats Remaining
- John Calvin Presbyterian Church, Annandale, Virginia
- Event is Free
2019 Calm to the Waves: A Winter Retreat (for parish clergy and educators) | 01-28-19
For: NCP Parish Clergy, Parish Associates, Christian Educators and Their Spouses
When: Monday afternoon, January 28, through Wednesday afternoon, January 30, 2019.
Where: Dunes Manor Hotel 2800 Baltimore Ave
Ocean City, MD 21842
Cost:$50.00 per person
PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAMES OF ALL PERSONS ATTENDING. NOT JUST THE NAME OF THE PERSON REGISTERING.
(Double or Single Rooms available) Deadline to register is: 12/10/2018
Two Nights Oceanfront Accommodation 2 Breakfast Buffets
2 Plated Lunches
2 Plated Dinners
Registration: If you do not select the pay on-line option mail payment to National Capital Presbytery, 11300 Rockville Pike, Suite 1009, Rockville, MD 20852. Attn: Parish Clergy/Educator Retreat. Include all names with payment.
Please note: Your space will not be held without payment. If you are not paying on-line your payment must be received by December 10, 2018.
- 93 Seats Remaining
- Cost is $50.00/Person