Please view listed events below and click on event title to register.
2018 Healthy Boundaries Schedule and Registration
If you have not participated in a Healthy Boundaries Training in the past three years, The National Capital Presbytery Sexual Misconduct Prevention policy states:
Church Professionals received by NCP are required within one year of reception to attend a seminar on the issues of sexual misconduct offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT.
Thereafter, every three years all Church Professionals of NCP shall attend a seminar offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT on the issues of sexual misconduct.
All workshops are 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Coffee and tea provided. Please bring your own lunch.Click here for agenda/curriculum for the “healthy boundary training sessions”
- Date #1: 03-06-18
- Date #1 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #1 Location: Northwood Presbyterian Church, 1200 University Blvd., W, Silver Spring, MD 20902, (Makemie Fellowship Hall)
- Date #2: 04-11-18
- Date #2 Seats Remaining: 6
- Date #2 Location: National Presbyterian Church, 4101 Nebraska Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20016 (Agencies Bldg., Lower Level)
- Date #3: 05-11-18
- Date #3 Seats Remaining: 19
- Date #3 Location: Immanuel Presbyterian Church, 1125 Savile Lane, McLean, VA 22101 (Assembly Hall)
- Date #4: 06-12-18
- Date #4 Seats Remaining: 16
- Date #4 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, North Bethesda 20852 (Fellowship Hall)
- Date #5: 07-11-18
- Date #5 Seats Remaining: 20
- Date #5 Location: Calvary Presbyterian Church, 61120 N Kings Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303 (Fellowship Hall)
- Date #6: 09-13-18
- Date #6 Seats Remaining: 23
- Date #6 Location: Gaithersburg Presbyterian Church, 610 S Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 (Lindsay Room)
- Date #7: 10-09-18
- Date #7 Seats Remaining: 25
- Date #7 Location: Sargent Memorial Presbyterian Church, 5109 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave., NE., Washington, DC 20019 (Room 113)
- Date #8: 11-07-18
- Date #8 Seats Remaining: 17
- Date #8 Location: Providence Presbyterian Church, 9019 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22301 (Taylor Hall)
- Event is Free
BULLIES in the Church (Anti-Bullying Workshop) | 04-18-18
Bullies in the Church: How to Distinguish Between Normal Conflict and Bullying
Participants will learn and
explore skills for distinguishing normal conflict from bullying. They will also
strategies to address long-term patterns that lead to conflict and sustain bullying behaviors in the congregation.
This will be a safe place to discuss the pain that permeates a congregation and pastor when bullies reign.
You are encouraged to register prior to the deadline of April 13th. We will accept walk-ins but cannot guarantee lunch.
- 46 Seats Remaining
- Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, Rockville, MD
- Cost is $75.00/Person