Please view listed events below and click on event title to register.
2017 Health Boundaries Schedule and Registration
If you have not participated in a Healthy Boundaries Training in the past three years, The National Capital Presbytery Sexual Misconduct Prevention policy states:
Church Professionals received by NCP are required within one year of reception to attend a seminar on the issues of sexual misconduct offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT.
Thereafter, every three years all Church Professionals of NCP shall attend a seminar offered by NCP or another source satisfactory to the RCT on the issues of sexual misconduct.
All workshops are 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Coffee and tea provided. Please bring your own lunch.Click here for agenda/curriculum for the “healthy boundary training sessions”
- Date #1: 03-28-17
- Date #1 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #1 Location: Rockville United, 355 Linthicum Street (Fellowship Hall)
- Date #2: 05-19-17
- Date #2 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #2 Location: Immanuel, 1125 Savile Lane, McLean, VA 22101 (Library)
- Date #3: 06-13-17
- Date #3 Seats Remaining: 6
- Date #3 Location: National, 4101 Nebraska Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20016 (Agencies Bldg., Lower Level)
- Date #4: 07-12-17
- Date #4 Seats Remaining: 20
- Date #4 Location: TBD
- Date #5: 09-12-17
- Date #5 Seats Remaining: 16
- Date #5 Location: Saint Mark, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, North Bethesda, MD (Rooms 105-106)
- Date #6: 11-09-17
- Date #6 Seats Remaining: 9
- Date #6 Location: Providence, 9019 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Taylor /Fellowship Hall)
- Date #7: 04-24-17
- Date #7 Seats Remaining: 0
- Date #7 Location: Meadowkirk, 38012 Delta Farm Lane,Middleburg, VA 20117
- Date #8: 10-02-17
- Date #8 Seats Remaining: 20
- Date #8 Location: Meadowkirk, 38012 Delta Farm Lane,Middleburg, VA 20117
- Event is Free
Bullies in the Church: How to Distinguish Between Normal Conflict and Bullying - Flyer HERE
May 17-18, 2017, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm, includes a continental breakfast and lunch.
This is a two-day event: (you don't have to click both days)
Leaders Jane Ellen Reid and James Issacs from Cooperative by Design, a consortium of peacebuilding practitioners and organizational consultants, will lead discussion about how to diagnosis conflict and its impact on the congregation or system, and strategies for intervening.
Focus will be on practical application of the knowledge
gained with opportunities for case studies, small group processing of
personal experiences, and more discussion of leading adaptive change
within church communities with ingrained and long-standing
Payment is due at the time of registration. If paying by check, make checks payable to National Capital Presbytery, marked "Anti-Bullying Workshop", mail to 11300 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852.
- Date #1: 05-17-17
- Date #1 Seats Remaining: 90
- Date #1 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church
- Date #2: 05-18-17
- Date #2 Seats Remaining: 100
- Date #2 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church
- Cost is $150.00/Person
Stepping Up To Staffing and Supervision with Susan Beaumont
September 25—27, 2017:
Monday, September 25, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, September 26, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday September 27, 9:00 am — 3:00 pm
Cost: $325 for 1 person $150.00 for each additional person from the same church. Includes three breakfasts, three lunches, a workbook, and a copy of When Moses Meets Aaron, Gil Rendle & Susan Beaumont. Each participant also completes the DiSC temperament inventory and receives an individualized report.
Limited scholarships monies available. Check the box on this registration form for scholarship assistance. Full payment is due prior to the event.
Here for flyer
- Date #1: 09-25-17
- Date #1 Seats Remaining: 56
- Date #1 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, Rockville, MD 20852
- Date #2: 09-26-17
- Date #2 Seats Remaining: 60
- Date #2 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, Rockville, MD 20852
- Date #3: 09-27-17
- Date #3 Seats Remaining: 60
- Date #3 Location: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church, 10701 Old Georgetown Road, Rockville, MD 20852
- Cost is $325.00/Person