National Capital Presbytery Vision Statement
Approved January 24, 2012
OUR VISION: A NEW AND LIVING WAY
Confident in the “new and living way” of Jesus Christ, we, the leaders of National Capital Presbytery, commit ourselves to “hold fast to the confession of our hope…encouraging one another to love and good works,” (Hebrews 10:20-24). Guided by the Word, sustained by the sacraments, and empowered by the Spirit, we will participate with God to strengthen and transform our congregations to be Missional, Pastoral, and Prophetic, so that we might glorify God in actions and attitudes that demonstrate the love revealed through Jesus Christ our Lord to the world.
EMPHASES THROUGH 2017
We are a relational network, celebrating the diversity among the citizens of the realm of God, in service to God’s mission, pursuing these emphases through 2017:
1. We will challenge, equip and support our congregations and their leaders in their discernment of God’s invitation to discipleship, as we:
- Serve as a catalyst for mission by connecting congregations with common local, national and international mission interests.
- Bear public witness, bringing a prophetic word to the powers and principalities of the world based upon the love, truth and justice of God in Jesus Christ.
- Provide a forum for our leaders and congregation members to reflect theologically.
- Connect ruling elders across congregations enriching their missional identity as apostles sent into the world in service to God’s mission.
- Equip congregations in their discipleship formation of children, youth, young adults and adults
2.We will launch new communities in Christ in partnership with our congregations.
3. We will provide care, oversight and accountability for teaching elders and educators.
Click here 2012 Vision Statement in PDF format