Middle East Concerns
Middle East Concerns Team
Chair: Bob Angus (email)
As Christians we are called to:
- Promote deeper understanding of Israeli/Palestinian issues, including their root causes, through education and awareness,
- Engage with suffering communities in the region, especially those that are already active in promoting peace on an interfaith basis,
- Encourage partnerships with the dwindling Christian communities in the region,
- Support meaningful, concrete efforts to end violence and promote justice,
- Serve as a resource for informed debate and development of position statements.
- Coordinate the efforts of those in NCP who are engaged in Middle East issues and interfaith dialog.
We are looking for volunteers from NCP to join our working groups. It is not necessary to be part of the Middle East Concerns Team to be a member of a working group. There is a list of workgroups and contact information available HERE.
December 6, 2009 – “Yes We Can – Middle East Peace” – information HERE.
New Resource Available!
STEADFAST HOPE – A study guide for Middle East Peace
A new publication of the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) This study book comes with a DVD which has informative links to the book’s contents. You can find more information about it HERE.
Or for your copy contact:
Rev. Robert Angus – Tel. (202) 237-2939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Plitt – Tel. (703) 524-5657 or email email@example.com
Melinda Thompson – Tel. (301) 593-0994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and Information:
Supporting Pakastani Christians – An article from Rev. Fuad Khouri
Isreal Palestine Mission Network – GA network site that has up-to-date information
O Jerusalem, if Only You Knew, by Naim Ateek, Director of Sabeel in Jerusalem
Mr. Olmert’s Farewell, from the Washington Post, October 2008
An Informational Packet is available from Churches for Middle East Peace for churches and individuals in support of peace in the Middle East. The packet includes a letter to President-Elect Obama, a fact sheet, bulletin inserts, etc.